Clinical Pharmacy and Pharm.D Forums
Welcome to our forum!

Kindly register and be a part of our group...

For any concerns, write your comment in Help Forum below.

Have a nice time Smile
Welcome to our forum!

Kindly register and be a part of our group...

For any concerns, write your comment in Help Forum below.

Have a nice time Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.PharmD.niceboard.com

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New List of healthy foods for our body

Go down 
AuthorMessage
skysoldier
Admin

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-15

New List of healthy foods for our body Empty
PostSubject: New List of healthy foods for our body   New List of healthy foods for our body Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 3:04 pm

New List of healthy foods for our body!

Broccoli

I know, we all hated eating broccoli when we were kids, but your mother was right when she insisted that you eat the stuff. A study led by scientists at Johns Hopkins University found that broccoli can prevent 60 percent of cancer related tumours and reduced the size of existing ones by 75 percent. A high intake of broccoli has been shown to be very effective at reducing the risk of prostate cancer. Broccoli is the king of nutrients and packs more than any other vegetable. These include as much vitamin C as an orange, almost as much calcium as a glass of milk, a healthy dose of fibre and is also one of the richest sources of Vitamin A.

Lean, Grass fed Beef

I believe that meat has got a bad rap of late. I’m a vegetarian myself and by not consuming meat I really feel like I’m missing out nutritionally. Unlike most vegans and vegetarians who whinge on about how bad meat is for you just to justify there own life choices, I actually believe it’s good for you. Let’s get onto the ‘grass fed’ bit. Most beef these days is corn fed beef. The problem with corn fed beef is in the fatty acid profile. Corn fed beef has a ratio of up to 20:1 Omega 6’s to Omega 3’s. Contrast this to grass fed beef where that ratio is 3 or 4 to 1, which is pretty close to the ratio that we want to stay healthy. Grass fed beef also has a lot less saturated fat than its corn fed friends, plus a grass fed cow is a happy cow.

Plain Yogurt

Plain Yogurt contains live active cultures that are essential for proper gut health. These cultures promote the growth of good bacteria in the gut and inhibit the growth of bad bacteria. Fixing your gastro-intestinal health will ensure that the nutrients you consume from these super foods are being put to use. It can also help with irritable bowl syndrome, ulcers, and diarrhoea. Try to get the low fat variety. You can throw in some blueberries or chopped strawberries and a spoonful of honey and you will have a snack that is far more healthy and a lot tastier than the sugar laden junk that passes for flavoured yoghurt.

Quinoa

Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah), a recently rediscovered grain-like food is native to South America and was cultivated by the Incas over 5000 years ago. It is commonly referred to as a grain, but is actually a seed related to the spinach family. Quinoa is packed full of antioxidants and phytonutrients. It is one of the only complete plant protein sources. It also has loads of magnesium, manganese, copper and fibre.
Back to top Go down
http://www.discountpharmacy.bz

New List of healthy foods for our body
Page 1 of 1